Sunday, March 8, 2009

Loonnnnnnnng time no post

So, I need to get back into the posting routine.

It's been over a month. Here's what I am up to.....

Theater

I'm no longer subbing in on the Robber Bridegroom. I did a few weekends of it and then the guy i was subbing for quit his day job. No day job = he doesn't need a sub. I now have Sunday afternoons open for homework & relaxing. Oh yes.

Evita is in tech!! We open tomorrow! Tonight is the preview. This has been a true learning experience. The book has kicked my ass pretty hardcore. Like-UFC with guns level kicked my ass. It's getting better and I will be a much better musician when I have this book to the level that I want it to be.

I am playing my StingRay5 on this gig. It fits the bill. The instrumentation is piano/organ, drums, and bass. Very sparse, but we can get a nice sound going.

The Slam!

We are booked March 15th, March 29th, April 19th, and May 3rd! The March dates will feature Diana Lawrence on piano, the April date the pianist is TBD, and in May Ryan Brewster will return for a one off evening with us while Diana is on tour. The drummer on all of these dates will be the awesome Scott Hirtenstein. He is the perfect cat for this gig. I am working on new tunes to keep up the mix of standards and arrangements.

Well-I need to get going. I have to leave in about 40mins for Evita. The 10min commute is awesome.

No comments: