Friday, November 7, 2008

Week 2 of Slam Band + GPB Tech

Hey everybody,


The Green Mill and the Uptown Poetry Slam
This will be week 2 of leading the house band for the Uptown Poetry Slam at the Green Mill. The name of the band is 'Cam's Tie Trio'. Show up to the Slam to learn what it means. This week, we're debuting an arrangement I did of The Beatles 'Come Together'. I'm excited for others to hear it. It's the first arrangement I've had performed.

Sunday 6:45PM we start with some preshow music, 7PM the Open Mic, 8PM Featured Guests, 9PM THE SLAM! $6 cover, 21+. Hosted by Poetry Slam Founder Marc Smith (SO WHAT!). We're confirmed to play Nov 9th and Nov 16th. I'm hoping that Marc extends us and that GPB is less than 2.5hrs long so that I can keep this gig.

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes at Circle Theatre in Forest Park
We start tech week on Monday. I'm excited. I worked with the Music Director, Allison Kane, on a Monday Nights New Voices event. This will be our first show together and I'm stoked. I love meeting and working with new people-especially when they work differently than those that I am familiar with. From our talks, I will be reading chord charts for this show!! This makes me happy as I can walk my own lines vs. reading the written ones and then rewriting them. We're also performing in one of the Thanksgiving Parades that will be broadcast on WGN. Pretty hip to me.

all the best.

No comments: