Thursday, October 30, 2008

Damn Yankees Closes, 2 new gigs begin

Hello everyone,

Damn Yankees has it's final performance this Saturday November 1st at 7PM. 2 for 1 tickets are available through the box office. This production has been a blast. I thank the cast and crew for the time they've put in.

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes starts rehearsals a week later, Nov 8th is our tentative sitzprobe rehearsal. It shall be fun. From what the music director has said, I'll be reading chord charts for the show-so I get to make up my own walking lines. GPB is running at the Cirlce Theatre in Forest Park.

New Gig House Band for the Uptown Poetry Slam at The Green Mill

Thanks to Bonnie Shadrake for letting me sub in with The Weird Sisters, I have landed a gig leading the House Band for The Slam! I'm stoked. We're confirmed to play Nov 2nd, 9th, and 16th. The fun starts around 6:45PM with some preshow music, the open mic at 7PM, and the Slam itself at 8PM. The cover is only $6! The Green Mill is located just off of the Lawrence Red Line stop.

I've got Ryan Brewster playing piano and Scott Hirtenstein playing drums. Ryan is the band director/pianist for 'Damn Yankees' and Scott is the drummer for The Weird Sisters. This will be my debut as a band leader. Pending an uber long 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' and Marc's decision, this will become a regular Sunday night gig.

Gear for all the above-I'm playing my New Standard Cleveland. I just added a bib from David Gage. No more shiny shirts!

all the best.

No comments: