Friday, October 23, 2009

September/October Update

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in posting. Life has gotten busy.

GIGS

'RENT' has closed. It was a fun run. The people were great, the company was nice, and the pay was very nice. I'd like to play this show again, the idea of doing a national tour of it would be very appealing.

I have been contracted to play for my old university. I will be playing their production of 'Jacques Brelis". This will be fun.

GEAR

Gear wise-I bought the MXR M288 for 'Rent'. It ended up working perfectly. I liked the variety of octave tones the unit allowed. When I need another pedal, I'm going to check out what MXR has to offer.

I just ordered a new toy this afternoon. It will be a SansAmp Bass Driver Deluxe from the guys at ThePerfectBass.com . 'Jacques Brelis' is a doubling gig and I wanted to redo my switching setup. Instead of using an ABY box + external preamp + volume pedal, it'll just be this stomp box/preamp.

The unit features 2 channels with 3 tones per channel. The tones are user programmable. This is a major benefit to me. I see myself programming the electric tones as: clean, slap (w/a bit of a volume drop), and a rock/slightly driven tone. The upright tones will be: pizz, arco, and a hybrid.

I am a big fan of Tech 21 NYC/SansAmp gear. In my old rack rig I use an RBI & an RPM. Those are two pres are the reason why I felt like this Bass Driver Deluxe would be a perfect fit for me. I know I can get the sounds I want out of SansAmp gear, add in that I even out the volume between the basses, and switch with the same unit? Sold.

all the best.

No comments: