Monday, August 10, 2009

Long time no post

So, it's been awhile. I haven't been playing too many gigs, so I'll update from the past and then give the update for the future...

Past
I've continued playing Slams. It's my favorite gig-extremely relaxed, the people are great, and it pays well. I have no complaints.

I played for Circle Theatre's Emerging Young Artist's production of Disney's High School Musical 2. This was fun. It was a 2 week run, the book was good for the most part. Some of the tunes, I wasn't overly fond of, but hey-it's theater. I love playing it.

The more electric shows I do, the more I'm paying attention to how the time period they were written influences the writing/orchestration. For example, Evita-the show was written when the 4 string bass was the most prevalent and there weren't any Sub E notes written. We added some for the production I was playing (i'd often on sustained chords add a sub double). However, on High School Musical & High School Musical 2-the lower notes are actually written in the part.

Future
I signed on to play a production of "Rent" with Big Noise Theater company. It should be fun. I don't have the book yet, but I'm excited.

I'm also playing more Slams...I plan on doing this gig until they don't want us anymore.

I'm doing a 1 off gig back in Indiana. I'll be playing with Spanton this Saturday. Playing a mix of covers & originals written by David. Should be fun.

No comments: