Wednesday, June 25, 2008

WELCOME

Greetings Ladies & Gents,

This is the start of my brand new blog! I feel that with the recent increase of gigs and massive amounts of change going on in my life-it's time to have an actual blog vs. the one on my Myspace.com page. I cite my cousin Chris & Uncle Jim plus Monday Night New Voices Chicago for unknowingly influencing me to start this.

This will be the place where I discuss up & coming gigs, my thoughts on bass playing/music, in addition to what I am considering gear wise. You may even get to hear about the books that I am reading as they pertain to life & music. As many of you know, I am a gear Junkie that is always trying to refine my sound & setup. However, the more I learn about playing bass-the less the gear matters. Yeah, I still suffer from GAS [gear acquisition syndrome], but I'm happy with what i've got for the most part.

Gig wise, if you have ever wondered "Who is David Wycoco?" or "What is Shout Section & Why should I care?" This will be a good place for you to read. I am quite early in my musical journey, but by checking this out-you will have a clue what road marker I'm near.

My other web pages:
www.CamMcIntyre.com is still my Internet home. I'm currently revamping it & am trying to figure out how I can use Microsoft Publisher with my Yahoo hosting package-I've got a page that looks killer in there, but I'm having issues when it comes to uploading it.

www.myspace.com/CamMcIntyreBass does the last part of that link look familiar? It should. I use CamMcIntyreBass for anything that will be exclusively music related-hence, BASS. My myspace page is where I have my complete gig schedule, I even include some rehearsals & travel dates on there. I consider it the online version of my planner.

I am also on Facebook! However, that page is by & large my personal page-not my primary networking tool. Why? Because I'm still a 22 year old.

I do not release my personal information to random people because despite how I like being easy to get ahold of for gigs...too much ease & it puts my privacy into jeopardy. Shoot me an email [email address complete w/NO SPAM filter is on my home page].

No comments: